One of the biggest mistakes I see e-commerce store owners make is them NOT marketing to their existing customers.
I’ve been guilty of this, too.
Experience shows that a customer who has already bought from you is several times more likely to buy from you again. Yet we get so obsessed with how our Facebook ads are doing, making sure all the orders get shipped, adding new products to our stores, and so on that we often neglect trying to sell more stuff to our current customer base.
The best way to reach out to these people is through email. You already collected their email address when they ordered, right? And people use their real email address when they buy. But other than a receipt or a thank-you message, have you emailed your customers since?
Maybe you emailed your customers for a while, then stopped for whatever reason.
Or you still email them, but not consistently.
Do you email your customers on a regular basis?
If not, you’re leaving lots of money on the table.
The cool thing is this is fixable. You can start emailing your customers on a regular basis – the ones you already have, and those who buy tomorrow.
Why Don’t E-Commerce Store Owners Email Their Customers?
Here are the most common reasons why you may not be mailing your customers:
- You haven’t thought about doing it. You’ve taken care of that one by reading this page!
- You don’t want to bother people. If this is how you feel, don’t worry about it. Most of your customers want to hear what else you have to offer. The ones who don’t want emails from you can easily unsubscribe.
- You’re not sure how to do it (technical issues) or what to say in your emails. I’ll get to this one in a minute.
- You’re too busy running your store. This is the most common reason. We just get so tied up with our ads, finding more products, making our store look nicer, solving customer service issues, and so on that we forget to keep in touch with our existing customers.
“But I Don’t Know What to Say”
Here’s where I can help you. My name is Chris Lockwood, and I’m a copywriter. I DO know what to say in your emails!
I’ve been writing copy for my Internet publishing business since 2002 and for clients since 2016. I’ve put in over 3000 hours writing for clients and a couple thousand more writing for myself.
What I’d like to do is write your emails for you. Let me take this important task off your plate.
Here’s how it works:
- Every month, I’ll write a batch of emails for your store. The number of emails I write will be based on how many times per week you want to mail your list. (We will discuss that the first time we talk.) These will be custom written just for your store.
- I’ll deliver the emails to you in plenty of time for you to review them. I’ll work with you to make sure the emails are “on point” and appropriate for your store.
- You or your assistant will set them up in your autoresponder system / email software. (I can do this for you if you like, for an additional charge. I have a software background and have worked with most of the major autoresponder / CRM systems out there.)
- You focus on running your store and serving your customers.
There’s a good chance your store is already set up to add new customers to your email list. If not, I can help you do that, too.
Don’t Just Take My Word for It!
Nick Guadagnano is an e-commerce coach, Shopify expert, and Facebook ads consultant who has done several million dollars in e-commerce sales. He was kind enough to send in this video…
This Is NOT for Everyone!
I can only work with a small number of clients at once, because providing this service takes a lot of my personal time. I write all the emails by hand to get the best results.
This is a monthly service. I’m not available to write less than one month’s worth of emails (which could be anywhere from 8-30 emails depending on how often you want to send them).
I’m looking for a few clients to work with on a long-term basis. The longer we work together, the better I’ll get to know your store, your products, and your customers, and the better results I can get for you. Of course if you ever decide you no longer want to keep using my services, you can cancel.
- You need to have an existing e-commerce store. It doesn’t matter if it’s built on Shopify, Woocommerce, or some other platform, but it must be open for business and ready to take orders.
- It doesn’t matter which email autoresponder service you’re using as long as it’s capable of connecting with your store and sending broadcasts. If you’re not sure, we’ll discuss that. If you don’t already have an account with one, you’ll need to sign up. I can help with that.
- It doesn’t matter how many customers you already have, although of course, the more the better, because the bigger the list you’re sending to, the better results you’re likely to get.
- It doesn’t matter what you’re selling as long as it’s legal and ethical. I’ve written copy for over 50 niches, so I can write for yours. I do reserve the right to turn down any stores if I don’t think we’re a good fit.
- I don’t build stores or find products for you. (If you need help with things like that, see Nick above.) This offer is strictly about email marketing. However, I like to overdeliver, so once we start working together, don’t be surprised if I give you some free ideas on how to improve your store and your sales.
- If you have a decent number of existing customers and haven’t been emailing them, you could be sitting on a gold mine.
If your store is new, now is the time to get this set up so you can dramatically increase the lifetime value of your customers.
What to Do Next
You’ll notice there’s no Buy button on this page. That’s for a reason. I need to speak with you before we start working together, to make sure we’re a good fit for each other.
We’ll hop on the phone or Skype for 20 minutes and talk about your store, your products, what results you’ve been getting, and what you’ve been doing with email marketing, if anything. (If you haven’t done any yet, no worries.)
This is not a “hard sell” call. It’s just a conversation to see if we both want to work together. If so, great, we will get started within two business days. If not, no problem. I only want to work with people I can help, because that’s the whole point of doing this.
I don’t have a call center or boiler room full of “closers” doing these calls. I do them myself, so book yours while I still have some time in my schedule.
To apply, just visit my Contact page and send me a note. I’ll get in touch with you to schedule our call.
I look forward to speaking with you!
P.S. If you have an email list you’re not mailing, I can help you even if you’re not doing e-commerce. As long as you have a list and are looking to make more sales online, let’s talk.